Author Topic: Tread Lightly! Let's not get a bad name for ourselves!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
Re: Tread Lightly! Let's not get a bad name for ourselves!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »
THIS TOPIC IS BEING LOCKED! thank you so much for posting this Bill!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:02:44 PM by Doc »
Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

Offline Lucifer

• Dreaming of double-digit mpg...
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Wishing I had TJKDave's Crawl Ratio...
  • Model and Year: 2002 TJ Sport
Tread Lightly! Let's not get a bad name for ourselves!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:10:34 PM »
This was brought to my attention this evening by Doc...  I surfed quickly online and found the actual news clip...

Lets make sure we're not getting too rambunctious when we're out driving.  The media is doing a great job categorizing ALL people who off-road as "mudders" and identifying "mudders" as bad... so... I think it might be a great weekend to wash our jeeps, do some maintenance and stay out of the mud. 

They are only mentioning a couple weeks hiatus from offroading so it shouldn't be too long of a wait, but the last thing we want people saying is "Look at that jeep... it's covered in mud... I bet they were out tearing up roads... Hey, look... there's a website on it..."

And so help me god... if someone gets a picture of their muddy jeep posted on the news or in the paper with the club site visible, I'll personally choke the living sh...  well, you get my point. :)

Here's the article, as seen on Chanel 5 news.

http://www.wabi.tv/news/5685/forest-service-warns-against-mudding-on-private-forest-roads

Here is a similar article that aired the same night on NBC...

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=104065&catid=3
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:24:32 PM by lucifer4511 »
Don't know what that sound is?  Keep driving. She'll let you know in a minute if it's going to be an issue...