Author Topic: Thoughts and Prayers for Cain  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Cain

• Supporting member
  • If you can't be a good influence, Be a good warnin
  • Model and Year: 2000 tj sport 4.0 5spd, 4" BDS, D30/44 4.56's, 35" Mickey MTZ's
Re: Thoughts and Prayers for Cain
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »
Thanks Doc, I am definitely fighting this tooth n nail I will not give in, there is NO place for that!! This wheeling season may get disrupted some but its no different than not having a Jeep Build finished. I know I will be back out there without guys and when I need you someone will be there! We all joined this club for more reasons than just having a second jeep there to help pull you out of a bind, its the community,  comrodery.  We joke and kid with each other just like family and just like family we don't always agree with each other but we do respect each other and help each other the best we could. I love my Jeep and the people involved with it and thank you all for experiencing it all with me!

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »
something I have realized along my life span .. Jeepers take the bad with the good .. it seems like the people I have come to know have had the bad thrown at them but come out okay

I have found, with all my personal struggles and health issue .. my friend have always stood by me .. and I have come out stronger

Tom, you are like me, you are a strong person .. you will come out the other side of this amazingly!!!
Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

Offline rockman

• 2019 Supporting Members
  • Model and Year: 97 TJ and 03 Rubicon
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
Wow, sounds like a laundry list of bad luck. I've been through a bunch of crap myself but we always seem to bounce back, just takes time. Good luck to you buddy, it's always nice to see you on the trail.

Offline Cain

• Supporting member
  • If you can't be a good influence, Be a good warnin
  • Model and Year: 2000 tj sport 4.0 5spd, 4" BDS, D30/44 4.56's, 35" Mickey MTZ's
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »
Hello all I'm home but not out of the woods yet. First Thank you all for the visits and words of encouragement,it means more to me than I can explain. Like Mike said they don't have an explaination for the seizures,they are saying it is most likely caused from some cuccussions I have suffered from as a kid and young adult. (as a kid I would make wooden go-carts/soap box cars and race down a hill in my neighborhood. I learned the hard way that gravety works very well and as a twenty something I flipped a Honda Big Red over on top of me which most likely caused the damaged discs #4 is compressed and #5 is fractured and no I didn't wear a helmet) so now I have to be on seizure meds for life (friday was the second seizure in a week).while going thru test they noticed I was A-fib,murmer every 6 beats, a swollen lymphnoid in my throat that needs to come out, 5 suspicious spots in/on my lungs so there is gonna be tons more Dr. visits and testing. The first major change is I have to find different work, if I could only paint I can keep going but doing the prep work/drywall hanging and finish, moving/climbing ladders the Dr.s say stop (especally climbing ladders) So Amanda and I are gonna do more doggy day care for me while she keeps doing the dog grooming. I have to stop driving for 3mos (make sure seizures are under control) I may still wheel once in a while depending on trail,schoodic is to risky but the waterpark or Bill-n-kats should be ok. my mind is still jumbled and I break out in tears alot but staying positive is a must!! Once again I want to thank you all for the visits,words of encouragement,offers for passenger seat rides and being the best damn Jeep Buddies a person can have  :rockon: :smileyjeep: :thumbsup:

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
  • Model and Year: 2005 Wrangler Willys Edition
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »
Cain is home!
Jeepin ain't easy

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »
Copied from facebook
" Hi guys Tom here. I'm alive! Gonna be going thru changes thou. I gotta stop work (they don't want me on ladder) and I can't drive for 3mos. The MRI showed #4 is bulged and #5 is fractured. They also found a lympnoid in my neck that needs more inspection so I'm just hoping its not cancer. Thru all of this I am glad I have had Amanda Hinckley Williams. Right at my side thru all of this love you babe!"

Still no news what caused the seizure but he will be on meds for them. There is a gofundme set up for him to help with medical expenses.

https://www.gofundme.com/tom-tripps-medical-expenses
Jeepin ain't easy

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
They have removed the breathing tube and he's breathing on his own and is responsive but still sedated. I'm heading back over shortly
Jeepin ain't easy

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »
This is quoted from GIreland
"So I went and saw Tom first thing this morning. He is sedated. I guess he woke up last night and was combative. MRI was clean, so that is good news. He is having an EKG today. I heard he has an irregular heartbeat. He is on a respirator, so even if he does wake up, he wont be talking soon. There is a metal Jeep sign hanging in his room. Please feel free to sign it, if you go see him."
Jeepin ain't easy

Offline TJKDave

• 2019 Supporting Members
  • Crawl Ratio: TJ 47.50:1 JK 58.9:1
  • Model and Year: 1999 TJ, 2012 JK TreadLightly Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 08:48:11 AM »
We'll be thinking about you Tom.  Hope you're doing better soon.
99% of your JK questions answered here thanks to  JLC08JK on JeepForum for this information:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/jeep-jk-frequently-asked-questions-will-rub-links-popular-threads-1074059/

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
Thoughts and Prayers for Cain
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
I want to let everyone know that Tom Tripp is in the hospital(EMMC). He was having violent seizures this morning at home, he was taken to hospital on the island but they lifeflighted him to Bangor where they stopped the seizures but he hasn't woke up since. He was heavily sedated to stop the seizing. They are currently running tests to find out what's wrong and what caused the seizures. He has no history of seizures. I went to EMMC earlier this evening to see him, he banged himself up pretty good so I'm sure he will be in a lot of pain when he wakes. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I will post up updates as I get them.
Jeepin ain't easy