Visitor Center / Information > Member's Rigs

Rockman's new ride

(1/7) > >>

djljeep:
On 4.0L Wranglers York mounting is difficult due to the AC pump location but on 4 bangers and cherokees the pump is right on top and is very easy to mount either style.

rockman:
It appears that a good portable is a good way to go. The Viair is pricey and only puts out 1.66 cfm @ 0 psi. It also wants 23 amps and I'm told that these Jeeps don't put out that much. Replacing the ac pump with a York is still the best way to go but mine is located on the bottom of the motor where you can't even see it and the York is tall.

Jay:
Glad you got it worked out Rockman. I struggled with what to do also. I ultimately took a chance and went with a Powetank. I've been very happy with it. Plenty of capability. It airs up extremely fast, and I like the ability to take it with me in the truck or my wife's car.
In the 5 or 6 years I've had it, I've never had an issue with capacity.  I can see where one might on extended, expedition like trips though.

djljeep:
To your point on tanks - they don't help much at all for airing up, I used to run the York in my CJ5 without a tank at as well as the Sanden in my Dad's TJ.  Where the tank helps is when you have to pop a bead back on or run an air tool (which I'll admit isn't a requirement for everyone). 

I've also found that raising the RPM just slightly makes a dramatic difference in compressor output.  During Jamboree I tach up to A high idle on my hand throttle and I'm done airing up in less than 5 minutes.

JeepGeek:
Good info. I was going to do an AC compressor on my last rig because it did not come with AC. I really dont want to give up the AC on my new ride so I need to look at something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version