Author Topic: Be patient!  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
  • Model and Year: 2005 Wrangler Willys Edition
Re: Be patient!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 09:21:36 AM »
 LOL  Have fun! I'll be putting my front diff back together
Jeepin ain't easy

Offline Cain

• Supporting member
  • If you can't be a good influence, Be a good warnin
  • Model and Year: 2000 tj sport 4.0 5spd, 4" BDS, D30/44 4.56's, 35" Mickey MTZ's
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
WooHoo Wheeling at Bills begins at Noon  :punk: :taz: :woohoo: :clap: :Bacon Dance: :banana dance: :carrot dance: :pickle dance: :cowbell: :thumbsup: :dots: and probably  :2guns: :gun_bandana: :gunsmilie: and lets hope none of  :yawn: :sick: :fan: :moon: :slapfight

Offline Cain

• Supporting member
  • Model and Year: 2000 tj sport 4.0 5spd, 4" BDS, D30/44 4.56's, 35" Mickey MTZ's
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 08:40:26 AM »
If you really gotta wheel, come wheel at my place or rmtp or another place where jeepers are welcome during the not-so-friendly mud season!
I FEEL THE NEED!!! CAIN IS HORNY TO RUB ON SOME TREES AND MOUNT SOME ROCKS!!!

Offline yamaha225

• 2019 Supporting Members
  • Jeepin on a college budget
    • Maineiac Offroad
  • Model and Year: 1997 Jeep Wrangler
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 09:11:32 PM »
I cannot figure out the fascination with mud that some certain folks have. I also cannot figure out the need to post stuff like that to Facebook. I am just as amped to get wheeling as everyone else but for gods sake stop ruining it for the rest of us. Not to mention ruining a perfectly good jeep. I have a fairly good idea of the incident and I hope the agency's can send some sort of a message and put this to bed at least to some extent. It's getting old to keep hearing about it
'97 TJ, 4 really angry squirrels under the hood, AX-5, 31 MT/R-K's, 44:1 crawl ratio, 8000 Smittybilt X2O winch, Sanden OBA, 2.5 inch RC spring lift, Custom Fab Rear bumper, Ford 8.8 Rear Axle with 4.10's and Trac Lok Limit Slip, Dana 30 Front Axle with 4.10's and a Aussie Locker, Metalcloak Rear Upper Control Arms and Trackbar

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 11:12:16 AM »
I want it to be known that i have a great working relationship with many law enforcement agencies and I will cooperate with any law enforcement agency in helping to identify land abusers/trespassers.

I have already received an email from the IF&W, the Game Wardens, and LSRAB

they are already investigating the incident

you have to remember, the new members area and the brag page is visible to guest .. anyone can see
Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

Offline Corey

• Seven Slot Fabrication
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Build-Break-Repeat
  • Model and Year: 1993 Jeep Wrangler "Unlimited", 1952 Willys CJ-3a, 1997 TJ Sport
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »
In this circumstance,  identities are without a doubt no secret.   It just seems this is an ongoing problem every year.
1952 Willys cj3a "resto-mod" project
1993 Wrangler YJ "Unlimited"  with a few mods
1997 Wrangler TJ, 4" lift and plenty of rust
1998.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins

Offline Junior

• Non Supporting Member
  • Model and Year: 2002 TJ 4.0 5spd
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »
I agree with Corey. They should be identified and dealt with accordingly.  Although it sounds like their identities aren't necessarily a secret....

Offline Corey

• Seven Slot Fabrication
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Build-Break-Repeat
  • Model and Year: 1993 Jeep Wrangler "Unlimited", 1952 Willys CJ-3a, 1997 TJ Sport
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »
I understand that everyone wants to get out and wheel.   I think most people who are active in the club and truly care about the future of offroad access are abiding by common sense.   Those who are not,  whether they are  pv4 members or not are jeopardizing our access to open lands.

I want it to be known that i have a great working relationship with many law enforcement agencies and I will cooperate with any law enforcement agency in helping to identify land abusers/trespassers.   
1952 Willys cj3a "resto-mod" project
1993 Wrangler YJ "Unlimited"  with a few mods
1997 Wrangler TJ, 4" lift and plenty of rust
1998.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins

Offline Cain

• Supporting member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »
was the infraction on the news, or facebook, or just word of mouth?  How bad was it?
FB, About 20+ pics of 3+4 muddy Jeeps on loggin roads

Offline TJKDave

• Crawl Ratio: TJ 47.50:1 JK 58.9:1
  • Model and Year: 1999 TJ, 2012 JK TreadLightly Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 08:48:10 AM »
was the infraction on the news, or facebook, or just word of mouth?  How bad was it?
99% of your JK questions answered here thanks to  JLC08JK on JeepForum for this information:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/jeep-jk-frequently-asked-questions-will-rub-links-popular-threads-1074059/

Offline Cain

• Supporting member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 08:35:10 AM »
Apparently the message isn't sinking in.  :nuts:
Rules or common sence don't apply to some

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »
Apparently the message isn't sinking in.  :nuts:
Jeepin ain't easy

Offline Grimm

• Self taught Trained Professional
  • Too. Many. Projects.
  • Model and Year: Wouldn't you like to know
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:26 PM »
If you really gotta wheel, come wheel at my place or rmtp or another place where jeepers are welcome during the not-so-friendly mud season!

Well said Lucifer! And thanks for allowing us to play out there!
any time I'm here, folks are welcome to come play.
scouted some more trails on sunday that I will probably start cutting this weekend.

did a little wheeling today - tore off a front brake line playing skidder on a pile of small logs and brush.
driving out without brakes was ..... interesting lol

if anyone is curious, my trails are on the tougher side.
a locker is suggested but my stuff has been done by o/o xjs and wranglers. a winch would also be a good idea, but again, not necessary.
probably minimum of a 33 for a tire and rocker armor is suggested.
most of all, driver patience is necessary. my stuff is tricky. it ain't no chick hill. if you rush or get frustrated, you probably will break something.
I do have a plasma, welder and decent gambit of tools, so on-site repair is possible too if ya do break.
there's also room to park your rig if you wreck it so much as to need to return with parts or a trailer.

just let me know you'd like to come give my trails a try and we can make it happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
I have been on Bill's trails (not in my jeep) ... I would agree with minimum of 33's but would say armor is required if you don't want damage. ... full exocage and ar500 plate steel with a minimum .5" thickness should be sufficient LOL just kidding but yeah the trails are tight and gnarly and a lot of fun even as a passenger

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Offline Lucifer

• Dreaming of double-digit mpg...
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Wishing I had TJKDave's Crawl Ratio...
  • Model and Year: 2002 TJ Sport
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »

any time I'm here, folks are welcome to come play.
scouted some more trails on sunday that I will probably start cutting this weekend.

did a little wheeling today - tore off a front brake line playing skidder on a pile of small logs and brush.
driving out without brakes was ..... interesting lol

if anyone is curious, my trails are on the tougher side.
a locker is suggested but my stuff has been done by o/o xjs and wranglers. a winch would also be a good idea, but again, not necessary.
probably minimum of a 33 for a tire and rocker armor is suggested.
most of all, driver patience is necessary. my stuff is tricky. it ain't no chick hill. if you rush or get frustrated, you probably will break something.
I do have a plasma, welder and decent gambit of tools, so on-site repair is possible too if ya do break.
there's also room to park your rig if you wreck it so much as to need to return with parts or a trailer.

just let me know you'd like to come give my trails a try and we can make it happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Don't know what that sound is?  Keep driving. She'll let you know in a minute if it's going to be an issue...

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:05:39 AM »

Jeepin ain't easy

Offline Lucifer

• Dreaming of double-digit mpg...
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Wishing I had TJKDave's Crawl Ratio...
  • Model and Year: 2002 TJ Sport
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 07:44:24 AM »
Don't know what that sound is?  Keep driving. She'll let you know in a minute if it's going to be an issue...

Offline rockman

• Model and Year: 97 TJ and 03 Rubicon
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:58:14 AM »
Agreed! As a landowner I've had guys rut up my property in the spring and learned a new level of being mad. We're all anxious to ride but it will dry up soon.

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
Be patient!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »
I am asking all our members to stay off logging roads and trails until they dry up. We already have members being blamed for doing damage they did not do. But regardless if we are seen in an area then we get blamed. Thanks everyone!
Jeepin ain't easy