Author Topic: Need Frame Welding & hub/axle repair Bangor Area  (Read 2270 times)

H8 PVMT

Re: Need Frame Welding & hub/axle repair Bangor Area
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »
I pulled some fuses and pinned the parasitic draw down to whatever is using the clock fuse slot.  That Jeep has had issues with dash lights so there is an after market switch to run power to those.   The radio is also a new addition and only worked for a short time.  I've been wanting the radio pulled for awhile now.  I'll see if I can get that out.  I traced that wire back to a white clip that has several other wires hooked to it, and its hooked to another clip at that point that color wire doesn't come out the other side, so I'm not sure which wire it is at that point.  I'll see if pulling the radio cures it.  Thanks for the offer to help.  If I can't cure it with the radio out I'll need an expert at that point. 

Offline Grimm

• Self taught Trained Professional
  • 2019 Supporting Members
  • Too. Many. Projects.
  • Model and Year: Wouldn't you like to know
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »
Both of my Jeeps need work before I can "play" with you guys.  The 84 needs the frame and hub repair, the 86 needs a battery cable replacement and parasitic electrical drain located.  The 86 will run if I get it on the road every few days, otherwise I have to keep charging it back up or unfastening the battery cables.  I'm going to see what I can do with it this weekend (which is limited).  I wanted to make it to the last meeting, but life had other plans (had to fix the riding lawn mower).  If anyone can take on any of my Jeep issues let me know.  I'd really rather pay someone to do it since lately other things keep hitting my to do list.  Any leads to a reliable mechanic would be greatly appreciated.
I have a couple jeep projects going on Sunday (hub bearing on my brother's 06 and possibly an oil pump in my 2000) but I might be able to fit in your parasitic draw issue (by the way I am in Orono and I am a ASE certified master technician) I don't do a lot on the side since it is what I do for a living but I do make exceptions once in a while. I am sorry to say the frame issues are still above what I can do here because of my lack of facilities. Give me a call or shoot me a text 207 478 1933. I should be home working on one jeep or the other Sunday so anytime after 7:30 am is good.
What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
try Crankinstein's garage in Bradley, he is a member but not on much .. 735-3191 .. he knows Jeeps
Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

H8 PVMT

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »
Both of my Jeeps need work before I can "play" with you guys.  The 84 needs the frame and hub repair, the 86 needs a battery cable replacement and parasitic electrical drain located.  The 86 will run if I get it on the road every few days, otherwise I have to keep charging it back up or unfastening the battery cables.  I'm going to see what I can do with it this weekend (which is limited).  I wanted to make it to the last meeting, but life had other plans (had to fix the riding lawn mower).  If anyone can take on any of my Jeep issues let me know.  I'd really rather pay someone to do it since lately other things keep hitting my to do list.  Any leads to a reliable mechanic would be greatly appreciated.

H8 PVMT

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 08:00:57 AM »
Here's a picture of the frame.

[attachment deleted by admin]

H8 PVMT

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »
Okay, I'll try this week if its dry enough to crawl under there, if not I'll post them over the weekend.
Thanks

Offline Corey

• Seven Slot Fabrication
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Build-Break-Repeat
  • Model and Year: 1993 Jeep Wrangler "Unlimited", 1952 Willys CJ-3a, 1997 TJ Sport
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »
post up some photos of the frame area that needs repair.  Ill see if its something I can help you out with.
1952 Willys cj3a "resto-mod" project
1993 Wrangler YJ "Unlimited"  with a few mods
1997 Wrangler TJ, 4" lift and plenty of rust
1998.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins

H8 PVMT

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 12:31:59 PM »
Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Offline Corey

• Seven Slot Fabrication
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Build-Break-Repeat
  • Model and Year: 1993 Jeep Wrangler "Unlimited", 1952 Willys CJ-3a, 1997 TJ Sport
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »
I'm kinda buried in this willys project right now our I would be happy to help out.  My jeep is spread throughout the garage.
1952 Willys cj3a "resto-mod" project
1993 Wrangler YJ "Unlimited"  with a few mods
1997 Wrangler TJ, 4" lift and plenty of rust
1998.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins

Offline Grimm

• Self taught Trained Professional
  • 2019 Supporting Members
  • Too. Many. Projects.
  • Model and Year: Wouldn't you like to know
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »
I second Corey! His work is impressive.  :welder:
x3 for Corey ... although I do my own stuff I don't really have the facilities (or time) to do repairs for others
What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Offline Mike Reynolds

• President
  • Model and Year: 2005 Wrangler Willys Edition
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
I second Corey! His work is impressive.  :welder:
Jeepin ain't easy

H8 PVMT

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 09:11:51 AM »
It won't let me go into members profiles,.. maybe because I'm still new here.  Anyway if you can contact him and have him reply to me if interested in doing the work that would be great. 
Kat

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:35:37 AM »
Corey does great work and his prices are really good! 

Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

H8 PVMT

Need Frame Welding & hub/axle repair Bangor Area
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »
I'm in need of someone I can trust with one of my babies.  My 84 CJ7 has an area on the frame that needs repair, it also needs hub work on the passenger rear, the wheel wobbles.  I just divorced my mechanic,.... soooooo,... could use some help here.  I'm pretty sure it has a Dana rear end.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:59:57 AM by H8 PVMT »