Visitor Center / Information > Member's Rigs

College Kid's TJ with 4 Pissed off Squirrels

(1/15) > >>

NoisyCricket:
So do we start calling you the black blur or zoom splat?

yamaha225:
There have been some very big developments in recent days with the old jeep. At the beginning of the year I got myself a Christmas present and bought two new PRP Daily Driver seats and 5 point harnesses for it. The original seats were very very tired and these are infinitely better. I also put a harness bar in it from rockhard 4x4.

Next up a little later in the spring I got a killer deal on some BFG KM3’s and Procomp steel wheels. I stuck with 31’s since I didn’t want to regear. All in with wheels and tires, mounted and balanced to my door it was under $1000.

The latest however is that I bought a 5.2 Magnum V8 from a 2001 Ram 1500 along with pretty much everything else to swap it in. A guy down in Poland had been gathering everything to swap his but hadn’t done it and was cleaning out his shop. I got everything from the motor, to trans, to computer, and other misc parts for $900.

So, i’ll be starting the swap this fall and will finally be rid of the four angry squirrels. I can’t wait to be able to keep up with traffic!

Jay:
I tightened the one in my 97 once and it was fine for a year or so. When it loosened again I tried tightening again but it was either loose, or too tight. Couldn't seem to get it right. I gave up and ran it loose for some time and it didn't seem to get any worse. It would, however, leak a few drops on an off.

yamaha225:
I’ve tried adjusting the adjustment on the top of the box with no success. It’s either sloppy or too tight and binds up. However, I did just do some reading online and found that there is actually a second adjustment. You can adjust it where the input shaft goes in. I’m going to try that I think and see how it works. I still have my old box so i’m going to play around with that one first.

rockman:
I've never had to change a steering box. Always had good luck tightening the slack adjuster screw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version