Author Topic: A friendly reminder about images and size!  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
Re: A friendly reminder about images and size!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
I tried to upload a picture to the new members forum and it got rejected how do I change the resolution size feel free to call me Jamie 6599237 between the hours of 5am til 8pm

they must be huge if it will not allow you to upload them .. open them on your desktop and modify the size from there, if they are still to big and I see them I can fix them for you after.
Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

Offline Reynoldsj0077

• 2018 Supporting Member
  • Model and Year: 2015 Jk Rubicon
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »
I tried to upload a picture to the new members forum and it got rejected how do I change the resolution size feel free to call me Jamie 6599237 between the hours of 5am til 8pm

Offline Doc

• 2002 Jeep TJ
  • Administrator, Webmaster, Treasurer
  • Club Founder
  • It's a Jeep thing... And it's WICKED expensive!
  • Model and Year: 99 Cherokee XJ Clasic, 99 Cherokee Sport, 99 TJ X, 02 TJ X, CJ7 and now another 2002 TJ X
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »
*grin* .. l have so many pictures on my computer from downloading them, resizing and uploading again .. so if you see a post that has been edited by me you now know why   LOL
Enjoy the trails ... Tread Lightly, Respect the Landowner ... and Get Permission!

TonysRedTJ

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »
I've been wondering why my images are so huge on here. I'll keep this in mind.

Offline Lucifer

• Dreaming of double-digit mpg...
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Wishing I had TJKDave's Crawl Ratio...
  • Model and Year: 2002 TJ Sport
A friendly reminder about images and size!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that's heard it before and a heads up for all the new faces we have!

Pictures fit on our forum best at the 800 X 600 resolution.  Larger than that and it can make your pictures difficult to view for some people.  I've noticed that lately I've fixed image sizes about once a day, give or take.  It's just housekeeping, but if folks upload them at the 800 x 600 resolution, it's one less thing for us to maintain! :)

If anyone needs help with how to resize images or anything of the sort, PLEASE let me know!  I am more than happy to lend a hand!

If you DO need a picture posted with a super-high resolution, as sometimes can be the situation, by all means please post it!  But also put a note at the bottom to maintain the size so I don't go resizing it on you! ;-)

Thank you everyone! :)
Don't know what that sound is?  Keep driving. She'll let you know in a minute if it's going to be an issue...