Author Topic: Buy and Sell Threads  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Dreaming of double-digit mpg...
  • Non Supporting Members
  • Wishing I had TJKDave's Crawl Ratio...
  • Model and Year: 2002 TJ Sport
Re: Buy and Sell Threads
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:30:53 AM »
Lastly, if your item sells, POST UP!  It's your duty to help keep this area somewhat tidy!  If you're going to use the buy/sell section of the forum, please have the courtesy to post up that an item is sold by adding a post at the end saying it was sold and changing the subject to include the word SOLD.  The moderators will catch it and remove it.

Don't forget!  This will help keep our buy/sell area neat, clean and easy to navigate!  It will also help everyone that is searching for something because the only stuff listed will be stuff that is available!

If you have posted something in the buy/sell area and it has sold... PLEASE post on it and say that it is sold so we can weed out the 'deals' that have passed!

Thanks everyone!
Don't know what that sound is?  Keep driving. She'll let you know in a minute if it's going to be an issue...

Offline Lucifer

• Non Supporting Members
Re: Buy and Sell Threads
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »
Just a reminder: these tips and suggestions/requests listed in the first post will significantly increase your chances of selling something here on PV4WD.  The more details the better!

If I see "Tires for sale" and that's it, I'm going to move on.

If I see "Tires for sale - 33 12.5/15 SSR's 3 @ 80% 1 @ 40%, $500"

That's going to get my attention MUCH faster!
Don't know what that sound is?  Keep driving. She'll let you know in a minute if it's going to be an issue...

Offline Lucifer

• Non Supporting Members
Buy and Sell Threads
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:38:19 AM »
Here's a few tips and tricks for folks that are looking to sell stuff on our board or folks shopping through all the stuff listed for sale here on our board!

First and foremost, pictures are worth a thousand words!  If at all possible, post pictures!  I can't think of a situation where too many would be an issue!

Secondly, if it's not something that can be explained in a picture, post up the details!  Don't be lazy because folks WILL ask you to provide them.  Details like gear ratios, tire sizes, mileage, ect will help you in the sale of your stuff MUCH better than "Thing for sale.  Looking to get some money, or best offer."

Lastly, if your item sells, POST UP!  It's your duty to help keep this area somewhat tidy!  If you're going to use the buy/sell section of the forum, please have the courtesy to post up that an item is sold by adding a post at the end saying it was sold and changing the subject to include the word SOLD.  The moderators will catch it and remove it.

Hopefully if we all follow these guidelines, the items up for sale or looking to be purchased will all be active and current in our buy/sell board.  With a little bit of effort, we'll all benefit from this, especially you - the buyers and sellers!  You'll have a better chance of completing the sale!

Thanks very much everyone!